Sunday, February 14, 2010

Welcome

Somebody suggested to me last week that I should start a blog, and my initial reaction was simply to say "huh?". Why, I thought, would anybody want to read what I have to say? I'm certainly not egomaniacal enough to think that I have something so worthwhile to say that folks would log on to a blog to read it. However, my wheels started turning, albeit very slowly.

These days, you hear about bloggers all the time. In fact, they've become so mainstream that the President of the United States holds special press conferences with them. It seems that everybody has a blog these days, from politicians and celebrities to average folks who have something to say and need somewhere to say it. In fact, they even have blogger conferences. Just doing some simple Google research to figure out what sort of people blog was enough to make my head spin. Yet, here I am, adding one more blog to the stack. The way I see it, people who represent the lunatic fringe blog, and have tens of thousands of followers. If the nuts can attract readers to their blogs by the thousands, surely perhaps a few dozen people might stumble upon my blog and have a slight bit of interest in what I might have to say. So, let's give it a shot and see where it goes. For the record, though, I think "blog" is a funny name, so after using it eight times in this first entry, I promise to use it sparingly from here forward.

If I can summon the discipline to write here on a regular basis, I have no doubt I'll be writing about politics, since that seems to be the most popular subject in the "blogosphere", and it's a subject I'm passionate about. Along the way, I'm betting I'll also share my thoughts on other subjects, such as what it means to be a gentleman, and the general downward slide I think our society has taken over the past 50 years or so. So stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to reading your insightful thoughts! :).

    ReplyDelete